Naoko will be giving talks at the following dates:
• 24 February－Naoko is speaking about ‘Cherry’ Ingram and the latest news of cherry blossoms in the UK and Japan at 6pm on Thursday, 24th February via zoom for the Oxfordshire Gardens Trust.
Click here to sign up→https://ogt.org.uk/2021/12/11/24-february-lecture-collingwood-cherry-ingram-and-the-japanese-cherry-tree/
• 17 March – Lecture at Sherbourne ihstory Society
• 30 March – Cherry Blossom talk at RHS Wisley Gardens @7pm.
• 9 April – Talk at Golden Grove, Carmarthenshire, South Wales @5:30pm
• 26 March –Webinar organized by the Daiwa Anglo-Japanese Foundation. (in Japanese)
• 7 April — Talk for a fundraising event of The Grange in Benenden, Kent.
• 14 April–Talk for Highgate Hawkhurst Women’s Institute.
• 23 April–Talk for Japan Association in the UK (in Japanese)
• 25 January – lecture for the Sutton Garden Garden Trust
• 6 March – cherry planting ceremony at the Earl of Cranbrook’s estate in Great Glemham, Suffolk
• 23 March – talk in Amsterdam—cancelled
• 29 April – keynote speech at the Lantern Lighting Ceremony in Washington DC—cancelled
• 9 April — talk at the Japan House––postponed
• 17 April — talk at the Birmingham Botanical Garden- ‘The Englishman who changed the face of spring’—cancelled
• 7 May — talk at the Chipping Literary Festival at 11:30 am—cancelled
• 9 May – talk at the Alde Valley Spring Festival in Suffolk—cancelled
The event at the Alde Valley Spring Festival in Suffolk is now organized as a Zoom talk and will take place on Saturday 13 June 2020 at 4pm (GMT). The talk is free of charge but registration is needed. email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 11th March – Words by the Water, Cumbria
- 22nd March – Daiwa Foundation London
- 24th March , 6.30-7.30pm – Glasgow Aye Write
- 7th April – Books on sale at The Grange in Kent for their open gardens event
- 23rd May – John Sandoe’s Chelsea Flower Show Stand (Naoko will be there for book signing)
- 4th June, 7pm – Garden Museum, London https://gardenmuseum.org.uk/events/plant-journeys/
- 6th June, 6:30-8pm – John Sandoe Bookstore. Details here: https://johnsandoe.com/event/naoko-abe-on-cherry-ingram-the-man-who-saved-japanese-cherries/
- 28th June – Benenden School Arts Festival https://www.benenden.school/news/arts-festival-2019
- 29/30th June – Wealden Literary Festival https://wealdenliteraryfestival.co.uk/event/naoko-abe-cherry-ingram-the-englishman-who-saved-japans-blossoms/
- 10th July Dartington Literary Festival —Ways With Words https://www.wayswithwords.co.uk/festivals/ways-with-words-festival-of-words-and-ideas-at-dartington-hall-24/events/cherry-2379
- 19th July – Buxton Festival https://buxtonfestival.co.uk/whats-on/the-literary-salon-naoko-abe